Friday, October 29, 2010

Unplanned

Went into town today to continue my hunt for mattress sheets (after trying to explain it in German as "undersheets" I have now learned it's called "fixleintuch"!). None of the large stores have colours that match my fabulous purple sheets. I only found a nice pink pillowcase to match.
However, I ran into a couple of Christmas presents so wasn't totally a waste of time.
Since it is such nice weather today in Zürich I walked around in sandals and just a t-shirt (yes I had pants too). And I closed up the boat for the season. Unfortunately I left my phone at home so no pic.
Then I had a stroll along Limmatquai to my fav place, where I sat down with my book and a glass of wine. Not a bad way of spending a Friday afternoon.
I just don't understand where all the people come from! Trams were packed. All outdoor places were full of people. The department stores were busy. After all, it's only 370,000 people living in Zürich. Where from? I have no clue. Other than that Zürich is so popular, so people travel here just for fun. Yes, that's probably it.
And when I got home I had a clear view over the mountains. Yes, today is a good day.

No comments: