Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tooth job

This middle age thing has a lot of advantages, but there is one big negative and that is that the body goes downhill. Had to visit the dentist again today.

Last week we were happily cruising on the lake (well, at least until my friend attempted to park the boat and ended up against the poles at the opposite bridge, he shall need more lessons!) and had a bite to eat. I hade made the sandwiches myself, so I was surprised to find sand in them. Anyway, long story short I lost a filling and had to go see mr handsome again.

Turns out my tooth is no good. You know the feeling when they have taken an x-ray and the dentist and the nurse look at each other and shake their heads when they think you do not see.

This is the same tooth I had root canal done on a couple of years ago. It has developed a permanent infection underneath and the bone has become soft, and unless you take away the whole tooth and try to repair under it will never be good again.

Now, I am actually in a bit of luck since it's a tooth next to the wisdom tooth and I will probably not need to replace it if it has to come out eventually. Handsome talked about implant (4,000+ francs) and bridges (3,000+ francs), but I will choose to just have it out when the time comes.

For the moment I have a new filling, fingers crossed it'll last...

No comments: