Sunday, July 24, 2016

Everything is better with alcohol

Yesterday my neighbours went on holiday, and as always I have their key during their absence 'cause I look after their apartment. Just before they left they checked the mailbox and it couldn't be opened, so they called me to say that they called the police and would I be available to assist.

I wasn't yesterday, but said I would be today. Unfortunately I got only a few minutes warning before they came, so I hadn't done myself up very nicely, and isn't it typical? Two very handsome, prime examples of men in uniform showed up, and I started to sweat profusely. Sexy, huh?

They fiddled around with the key for a few minutes, sprayed the keyhole with alcohol and now the key works better than before, it was always a bit tricky with their mailbox.

So you see, alcohol makes everything better!

And a reflection, if the same thing happened to me I wouldn't immediately think of a conspiracy theory and call the police, I would've called a friend with tools. And another reflection, I feel lucky to live in a country where the police can spend time on such minor issues. Makes me feel safe.

No comments: