Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Cat story III

After my tall cat was safely back (and acted like nothing happened) I realized that my thumb was twice the size it normally is and I had a red stripe moving from my wrist up my arm. My friend who lent me the cage and apparently is much wiser than I when it comes to cat wounds, told me to go straight to the hospital. And this time I decided to listen to her. Normally I don’t go running to the doctor unless absolutely necessary.


At the ER they took it much more seriously than I did. I was rushed in there, they applied iodine, gave me an antibiotics drip, a shot to numb the thumb (rhymes!), took a biopsy, gave me a plaster and I don’t know what. I guess I was in a bit of a shock and complained over the fuss they were making.

Then a really authoritative doctor came into the room and said “it’s voluntary to be here, you can leave at any time, but you should know you could lose your hand”. Oops. I then decided it was a good time to shut up. It is seldom that happens!

No comments: