Sunday, August 31, 2008

Screaming

Art. I donnaw. I like it, but only the stuff I can relate to. Like when friends painted something for me that has a meaning. Not because a famous person (always a man, why is that?) painted something that people THINK means something. I mean look at 'the Scream' for example. Looks like something I could've done in preschool.
One of my paintings I appreciate the most is one made by my previous neighbour. It portraits the house where we lived in Denmark in the beginning of this millennium. All the originals are there, everybody from the drunk one, the French one, to the Japanese who were running up the stairs. Plus the pubs where we used to hang out. Not to forget the "pölseman" - the portable wagon who sold hot dogs when you needed it most. Now THAT is my kind of art.
PS. In case you wonder, I'm the one to the right on top! And every sentence on this painting has a meaning only she and I can understand :)

No comments: