Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hannibal

When kitchen guy was here last week he was encouraged to program my other oven (the big one, the one I haven't used yet) and so did. Then he found out that one of the pieces of equipment that came with the oven was the wrong kind. Looked like a cable to me. He explained that it was a meat thermometer where one end of the cable goes into a hole in the oven wall and the other into the meat. Somehow I do not think this will be the most used piece of equipment in my flat. When he heard that he suggested that I can use it alternatively as a weapon for any intruder in my flat, which is not a bad idea. I thought about the headline in 20 Minuten "burglar stabbed by meat thermometer", and when he heard that he added "then cooked during 4 hours low temperature until muscles fell of the bones tenderly...". Yes, not a bad idea. This is a fitting penalty for trying to break in to my flat!

No comments: