Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weird requests

Happen to have a little trip planned in a few weeks to my home country. I know, it's not like me but when my aunt turns 80 I just gotta go. When my friends heard about this they requested I bring back: A candle-holder special for the advent time before Christmas (been seen in my window and got jealous) A cd with a song from the Eurovision song contest that cannot be bought here (and yes, he's gay) Crispy cookies that a guy once had on a dessert and when asking the chef was told it was from Ikea And for myself I have to buy books, movies and other small stuff. All I have is one (repeat, one) day to do all this. Arriving early in the morning, and then of course I have a lunch date with an old friend. So I have to drag him around town finding all of this. Then the plan is to celebrate my aunt and do some outings. And yes, I guess mix with my relatives. After all, we do not meet that often. Except for next week. Funny that. After me living in Switzerland for almost 8 years my cousins have decided to finally visit. This means they are flying in late one evening, staying overnight with me and leave very early in the morning to go skiing. Yes, why have relatives in a foreign country if you cannot use it? And then we will meet again for the party in my home country. At which time I will use their hospitality. Just too bad it'll all happen in the same week! Considering there are years when we do not meet.

No comments: