Friday, November 09, 2012

Cooking

On Christmas Eve I am invited to spend the day with my family, well what is left of it. And since it is planned to have food from home I am tasked with bringing meatballs and "knäck", which is a kind of toffee/fudge sweetie.

Now, here in Switzerland I have not been able to locate the paper forms needed, so had my aunt send some. She doesn't do anything halfhearted, so sent 500 of them. But when I checked the recipe I realized you need 100 of them for one bunch. Clever aunt.

Tonight I'm doing a trial round. And yes, I have done it before but it was probably like 20 years ago, so wanna be sure I do it right for the new part of the family. Pride I think they call it.



And when reading the recipe I realized you're supposed to use a thermometer to check the exact degree...well, we didn't do it when I was little so I'm gonna take a chance. Besides, the very old thermometer I have only goes to 90°C, so useless anyway.

Living life on the wild side, yes that's me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pics remind me of a sweet mom used to make in Paraguay for her parties, is it by any chance using condensed milk and coconut flakes?. Steph

Anonymous said...

wow, you've become so domestic!! ;)
I often wonder if anyone bothers with thermometers, exact temperatures etc when I read that in recipes but I guess some one must, probably those people who make much more perfect looking deserts than I do.
Mmm, all that bubbling sugary stuff looks yum!

Witchbitch said...

Nope, no milk, no flakes.

Anonymous said...

Looks delish, make some extras, so we get to try on the 25th :):)!! Steph