Friday, February 07, 2014

Three candles

Had a few friends over for dinner tonight. Fish on the menu, since one of them is a vegetarian. And I gotta admit, fish is underrated, and what I especially appreciate is that you don't feel too full after having the meal. Fish fillet, tomato, dill, a squeeze of lemon, a tiny bit of salt, a square of butter and all wrapped in alu foil. Half an hour in the oven, and voila! Served with boiled potatoes (I even peeled them!), salad and a mix of creme fraiche, mayo, dill, shrimps and whatnot. Yum!


And I got presents! Not only did my wee ones get treats, but I got no less than three aroma candles! This is funny since the guy I invited has just met a potential new girlfriend and I have given him some advice. Like second time he was visiting her, I was asking him what he planned to bring. I could see the confusion on his face "huh?, I need to bring something?". I then gently suggested that it would be a good idea to at least bring something small, but not personal. Like an aroma candle. Which he did.

Now, when he arrived bringing no less than three candles to me I was a bit taken. First I thought, ok, next time I'm gonna suggest something more valuable that he could bring to his future fiancee, meaning I get three times that next time he's invited. Cunningly scheming in my head...and drew a blank. Couldn't come up with something I want, at least not three times.

It was only just before he left he told me that he misunderstood and thought that we would've been three women at dinner and he brought one candle for each of them. Hmmm.

At least the purple one was dedicated to me :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, sweet. Though I admit if I'd been invited you could have kept my candle ;)
ah, potential new girlfriend eh? that sounds good!

B

Witchbitch said...

Not green enough for you :) ?