Sunday, September 06, 2015

Newbies

Sometimes I forget that people aren't like me. This evening I went downstairs to welcome the new neighbours with a bottle of wine and some homemade cookies. Awaiting to be welcomed in, and have a chat.

I ended up standing in the hallway, while the wine and cookies were whisked away. We had a brief chat, and I felt like an idiot, just standing there. I just don't understand people who are not welcoming. Even if I'm in the middle of moving in (which I was six years ago) I always invited people in. Who cares if there are boxes everywhere? That's to be expected when you move.

First impression is important, and this time I don't have a good feeling. But considering the time the renters in the house stay, I'm pretty sure they won't be here for long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear, are they Swiss? Although I admit these days I am also rather reluctant to invite people I wans't expecting in, must be getting too old and swissifieid! eek!

B

Witchbitch said...

German/Austrian. And even if I one day become a Swissie, I will never let people stay in the doorway!