Sunday, May 09, 2010

Catch-up with an old friend

You know how it is. Life takes over, you move and move on, you are busy. All of a sudden it's been years. This afternoon I corrected it with an old-time friend. I called her. We used to live in the same apartment building 1991-1995 before I left my home country. I then kept my flat for more years than I should've but I digress. Anyway, it was like yesterday when speaking to her. We share so many fun (and some not so fun) memories. Oh the parties. We were 26 apartments in the same building, sharing one garden. The parties we used to have there were unbelievable. That's where I almost put fire to the building (finishing my cig in a plastic flower pot, that two hours later caught on fire! Fortunately an attentive neighbour saw it, and flushed some water on it!). That's where one woman almost divorce her husband. That's where we were sunbathing (that one day in the year when it was nice weather), that's where the Polish woman used to bring us some of that undrinkable vodka-like stuff. That's where we had many, many enjoyable evenings together. The memories. I'm getting really nostalgic!

No comments: