Thursday, November 18, 2010

Between a rock and a hard place

Had my rich friend over for lunch today. He's always very generous and today he brought me a bottle of champagne (for having missed my birthday) and a bottle of Amarone as a thank you for the invitation. We came to talk about investments, since I asked him to guess the price of the flat Bro and girlfriend is buying, and he said in a serious voice "Annika, I can't buy what I want either just like that". Turns out he wanted a sailboat to have in the Mediterranean sea, and in order to buy one he would have to sell a house or a car to free up some cash. One of many that he owns. My heart's really bleeding for him. NOT! Besides, he's 79 so a sailboat is maybe not such a good idea. And he has two other boats already. What a nice dilemma to have!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so how did this guy get so much money then? I want the secret. although I spose I can hardly complain since I never take your advice to join the private sector, apparently I choose to get paid badly and work for government, hmmm. (actually its not THAT badly paid)

Witchbitch said...

Worked hard all his life, own company, some inheritance. Always delivers what he promises. Some clients he had for 60 years. Admirable.