Monday, March 28, 2011

Planning my funeral

I know, it sounds morbid, but I am planning for when I'm no longer here. No need to worry, I am healthy if only a bit overweight (but then again maybe not).

Turns out that Zürich city has planned for people dying, and all you gotta do is to fill in a form telling them what you want to happen the day you are no longer there, and they will oblige. And if you, like me, want to be cremated and spread over Zürichsee, there is not even a cost attached to it.

All there is to do is to fill in the form, deposit it with Zürich city, and all with be taken care of. You just gotta love ze Swiss. They think of everything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you serious - not a cost to it??! our experience recently was that everything involving death and gettig old has astronomical costs to it. Who covers the cremation costs?

Witchbitch said...

As I understand it, Zürich city covers that cost. Getting old though, and not being able to care for yourself, ain't cheap in Switzerland.