Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ms House

In 2010 I had a shoulder operation. In 2011 this friend of mine had a hip operation. None of our "conditions" could be explained, no doctor could give a reason why we had these issues.

Nevertheless, we both recovered and when I met up with my friend tonight she was, as usual, walking around in high heels, but with a cane I didn't expect. (Yes, of course we did the joke of Ms House, her limping around with a cane in high heels).

She so reminds me of myself, 10-15 years ago. A mobile phone stuck to my ear, and always dragging a bag on wheels behind. Except for the heels, stopped wearing those in the...well, let's say, long before...when I realized they were hurting my feet...and may I add...my foot fetichist still thinks I have the best...anyway...

You know, when I see these people still in the middle of their career, being "important" and always online, I am almost getting religious. It is soooo fantastic not being a part of it anymore.

One day I'll tell you about my career. And yes, I know, haven't spoken about it before on this blog but now may be the time. Watch out!


Of course, in my days it was an oldfashioned mobile phone, not a blackberry or an iphone. And I never felt the need to keep it in front of me while having dinner with five friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%. No one is so important that they need to be on the phone texting or whatever during a meal with friends. I tell my dinner mates...phones in pockets..or dine somewhere else!

John NJ USA

Witchbitch said...

Yes, one of her other friends promptly took both her phones from her. We all applauded!