Sunday, March 24, 2013

Downhill

Got a call today. My aunt broke her foot. Not by doing sports or anything, but by walking outside her house getting the newspaper. This is not a good sign, considering she's 82 years old.

She cannot even walk on crutches, but is currently in a wheelchair.

There are few times I wish I would be in my home country, close to those I care about, being able to help, and this is one of them. But fortunately she has kids, grandkids and great grandkids (great grandkids, is that even proper English?) to help her, so all I can do is being supportive from a distance.

And considering she has a really sharp tongue, just like me, I'm not sure it'd be a good idea for us to share living quarters for more than a night or so.

Nevertheless, she's been more or less around for my whole life, so I wish her a speedy recovery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, great grandkids is indeed English. sounds like she'll have plenty of help for her recovery

Witchbitch said...

Yes, it's just that she's normally very active and will probably be bored outta her skull not being able to move. Let's hope she'll recover quickly.