Monday, December 07, 2015

On the countryside

I was at a party last Saturday. It started with us going on horse carriages, two of them drawn by six horses, the biggest 728 kg and about 1.80 cm tall. Big, impressive, well-trained horses. And a joy to join the ride so to speak. It did help with us having wolly blankets and glühwein served.

It felt almost mystical, being in front of the wagon listening to the click-clack-click-clack from the horses hooves, driving through a misty village from dusk to total darkness. Cool. I don't think most people understood how difficult it is to be a driver under those circumstances.

Then we had a fab dinner with tablegrill, a buffet with all sorts of food from bacon, three different kinds of meat, to cheese and garnish. It tasted fantastic after being outside for hours.

And I do think my speech went down well. I cannot be sure, maybe there were just polite, but I have a good feeling and I know my birthday friend had too.

All in all it was a great evening spent with a bunch of nice people of all ages I've gotten to know quite well here in Switzerland. Makes me feel welcome being an almost-Swiss.

No comments: