Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Adjustment period

Currently I am adjusting to Bro's new girlfriend, and she to me I imagine. I wonder who is struggling the most :)?
Today she asked what she could bring to the dinner and I suggested an apero-drink. In Switzerland that means some pre-drink like bubbly prosecco or similar. She brought a bottle that said "Aperol", and that had "poco alcolico". Have we met?
To top this off she misspelled my name in a skype-conversation! This is a serious crime. Who can anybody after nearly a year misspell the name of the head of the family? This is something I will not forget anytime soon (read the next century!).
On the other hand her mother, who I never met and only learned the name of today (ironic, isn't it?), made me a scarf (she has a clothing factory). This is something I treasure, especially since the scarf is beautiful. But it won't make up for her daughters shortcomings...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to defend your future sister in law, but Aperol is used to do an Aperol Spritz that has.... oh, Prosecco.

It is the "national drink" in the Veneto region in Italy. Really good ! Get the recipe and try it.

Witchbitch said...

Aha! Good to know. So not totally useless after all...