Saturday, March 10, 2012

My eighth own home

Now we're talking. My eighth own home was in Copenhagen, in a good area. Found an old house, where the attic was being renovated housing two bachelor flats. It was really expensive, but since I knew it was gonna be 90 m2 with top quality furniture, I signed the contract.

Well, first of all I lived in a flat on the ground floor the first couple of months, since the flat was still being built. Then I moved, while it was still a building site, but since I was going to Australia for three weeks I thought it was perfect. It was gonna be done when I got back.

Ha! Was not. Landlord had chosen to renovate the other one and get some more rent in, so nothing had happened while I was away. Had to live in building dust for quite some time. Then I found out the way the Danish calculate square meters. It includes "your" part of the stairs and common areas. Living space was only 60 m2.

You live and you learn. But I liked it, even though it was 104 steps and no elevator up to my flat. Fabulous view and that's where I met a friend. She had the other attic flat. I rang her door one Friday evening after coming home from work, and we ended up going out until pretty darn late. Been friends ever since. Good memories there, M, don't you think?

No comments: