Tuesday, January 14, 2014

119/76

You know that I'm a fan of the tv-show Biggest loser, and one part of the show has the fat/obese contestants meeting a doctor in the beginning, and then meeting him again later. All very pedagogic, purpose is to show the fatsoes how bad their blood pressure / cholesterol / heart / whatever is, and then later how much it has improved, and how many medicines they can ditch just because they live healthier with nutritious food and more exercise.

I guess some of it has rubbed off on me (like the stepping board :). But seriously, I have had high blood pressure for many years now. Once I tried pills, but they gave me side effects. Every time I donate blood I get a lecture (they should stop, and praise me instead, 'cause I have a rare blood group!).

The point is that I have a blood pressure measurer at home, and use it on and off to check. Today it showed 119/76!!! Haven't been that low in the last ten years I wouldn't think. Guess these power walks (today in the friggin rain!) and cutting down on calories are actually working.

Mind you, after more than a week having chocolate at home, it is no longer. And I'm definitely not cutting down on wine and cig consumption, so not totally changing.

But one step at a time. A normal blood pressure shouldn't be frown upon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay healthier you!

Witchbitch said...

Strange, isn't it?