Tuesday, January 14, 2014

No old stepper

I bought a stepper or stepping board or whatever it's called. There are stairs in my house, but since I have a little issue with astigmatism, it's not a good idea to run up and down those.

So when I found a used one on one of these auction sites for only 20 francs I thought it was a bargain. Emailed with the seller and we had agreed that I come pick it up yesterday at 13.00. In the morning she changed the time to 13.30, but I saw the message and fine. Was there between 13.30 and 13.40 and there was nobody with that name in the address given. Nobody in the houses around either. I pinged all the 6 flats in the house, but no answer. I only had the email address, but no computer with me so thought maybe she'd sent me a msg.

Went home and there was no email. I emailed her back to say I wasn't interested anymore (who wants to do business with somebody who's not serious?), and as expected got no answer.

First I got suspicious thinking she was planning to rob my flat while I was gone, but since she also only had my email and first name, there was no way she could've found out where I live.

What I don't understand, is why people are not serious. Show some respect for other people, live up to your promise, and if you fail do friggin apologize at least.

Anyway, yesterday evening I browsed another site, and lo and behold, I saw a brand new stepper for only 15 francs. Ok so freight is 12 francs, but still. 27 francs for a fresh new one! First I was doubtful since they wanted prepayment, and you're always warned not to do that, but it turned out to be a company only selling through internet, but registered on the auction site. And now I have gotten confirmation that I will receive it within a day or two. Holding my breath!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how annoying, and strange!
really, you're not supposed to pre-pay? but isn't that how everything is bought on the net?

B

Witchbitch said...

Not everything, some sites offer to send you an invoice. I would only accept prepayment if the amount is small like this, or it was a known company.

Anonymous said...

but usually you still have to pay the invoice before they send you the stuff. I've only ever seen the invoice offer in Switzerland.
anyway, never had any problems yet, touch wood

B

Witchbitch said...

True, I have only bought stuff online from Switzerland so far.