Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Revenge is sweet?

You know, it's hard to know where to draw the line. I like to think of myself as a person always telling the truth. But what is the truth really? My truth, or another persons truth?

Of course it matters what you talk about. Like today, I didn't much appreciate a friend asking "is that table really that dusty?". Yes it was, and there was a reason to. That in my mind was an unnecessary comment.

On the other hand, I have probably said something that hurt people too. But I'm getting better. I try to think about what's important in life, and in my world a dusty table isn't. I think next time I'm visiting this person I will check all the shelves and tables...drawing my finger along...hoping it's getting dusty!

Doubt it'll make me feel better though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

being someone that 'always tells the truth' doesn't excuse people from being tactful. Some 'truths' just don't need to be commented on (the dusty table, a bad haircut etc).

mind you, I admit I have to laugh a bit at the idea that you were offended by such a silly comment - you are not always the Queen of tact yourself.

B

Witchbitch said...

Haha, I wasn't exactly offended, more like thinking it was unnecessary to comment about it.