Thursday, September 04, 2008

SBB

I have a little dispute with SBB for the moment. SBB is the national railway, and normally I am a really big fan of them. Very good transportation system to fair prices. What else can you ask for? Well, I guess service is the answer. The other day I went to Zug (for that fabulous band) and since I have a pass for all of the Zürich canton I only had to buy an additional ticket from Thalwil (end of Zürich canton) to Zug. What they failed to tell me was that the train I chose to take had to actually stop in Thalwil. I took the first train available which happened to be the Cisalpino which doesn't stop in Thalwil. All well on the way there. The train guy didn't say a thing, he stamped our tickets and off we went on our merry way. On the way back though it was a different matter. A Mr G Pfenninger claimed to not understand a word of English and apparently not any Switzedütch either (my friend is Swiss), and made my friend pay the extra fee for the train not stopping in Thalwil. Like it was our fault. When back in Zürich I went to the ticket counter, only to be met very rudely by a guy who said it wasn't their job to inform me, it was my duty to ask. Hello? So now I've written an email to SBB to ask them to refund the extra pay. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'SBB'
what a load of absolute bollocks! why should it matter if the train stops there or not. although i love the SBB those people at the ticket counter at the HB are so often totally rude and useless. good luck for the refund

Witchbitch said...

I would say my chances are slim, but in this case I really think I'm right and will push it.