Thursday, November 27, 2008

No smoking

No smoking my ass. Was thinking about this tonight since even Zürich (et tu Brute?) will apparently be "smoke-free" some time in the semi-near future. Smoke-free my second ass, since it's smoke-forbidden they mean. Was listing the pros and cons in my head. Cons: They say it's scientifically proven that you die younger. Non-smokers are boring. Even my brother who's a vivid non-smoker has realized that it's a good thing to go out and join the smoking corner at work, that's where you hear the news. The smell is not always nice, but I must say I had few complaints at home. I usually have the windows open (unless it's friggin freezing). I don't like the sound of "forbidden". I really want to brake "ze rules". Pros: If you stop smoking at middle-age after having smoked most of your life, you will die within 5 years. People who smoke are social, they like to be around other people, to chat, to have conversations, to socialize in short. According to science they will die early and never impose on the social security system. Besides, here in Switzerland we have private healthcare, so if we get sick it's not financed by the government. My grandfather was one of nine sieblings. He died early of heart problems. The only one of the nine who reached a decent age was the alcoholic. He also smoked. There is a funny story about this guy. He was sitting on the toilet smoking his pipe, lit it up with a match and threw the match in the toilet. What he didn't know was that his wife had earlier used acetone to remove nailpaint and a piece of cotton was met with his match. Ass on fire! And most of all, I don't like people who tell me what to do! So 5-4 to the smokers. I win. Again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'no smoking'
Not having many complaints about your home doesnt mean much, normal people are too polite to tell someone their home stinks

Witchbitch said...

Not my friends are not.

Anonymous said...

not normal, or not polite?

Witchbitch said...

Probably a bit of both, hehe.