Monday, March 02, 2009

Crushed snake

As you may have picked up I'm not extremely fond of wildlife (I mean we have Zürich zoo, and there is always Discovery channel, why bother with scary animals in the wild?), and I got my opinion confirmed when reading a friends blog. She had been out in the outback in Australia. In a tent! I know, I really don't understand what we have in common, I wouldn't even under gunpoint sleep in a tent in Australia. Nevertheless, in the morning they folded the tent and found a crushed snake under it. Like they had been sleeping on it, crushing it to death. Her take on it was "well, it was only a small snake". Me thinking, well what if it friggin wasn't? What if it had been a great big anaconda (and don't tell me they don't exist in Australia or something) or boa constrictor? You wouldn't have been laughing then, now would you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'crushed snake'
trust me, I wasnt laughing then either - especially at the smell. Although I am now. Anyway, I think there's far more dangerous things in places you like to hang-out - drunk Brits for example.

Witchbitch said...

Very good point, but I can handle a drunken Brit. Have vast experience!