Thursday, July 30, 2009

1st of August

For a number of years here in Switzerland I had a tradition with a (formerly) good friend of mine. Due to certain events this is no longer. Last year I was in Italy. This year I had no plans, but things have a way of sorting themselves out. So now it's dinnertime on Saturday. Fortunately I have very good friends who are flexible and like the things I like. When I asked what I should cook I was told "your chili chicken". Ha! That's what I do best. And we decided on Caesar salad for starters. Plus my friends fantastic Toblerone chocolate mousse. To this we will finish a good chunk of the wine I have left. And we're not talking the Hungarian Pinot Grigio for 4.90 a bottle, we're talking Barolo, South African dessert wine and all the good bottles I saved for better people :) Seriously, who are better people than my friends?

No comments: