Monday, July 13, 2009

Living in harmony

Remember I mentioned moving from anonymity to a more close environment? Well, I'll be happy to. Hopefully I will live in a house where people can talk to each other. Now I've got a letter about using the washing machine and/or tumbler outside hours, meaning after 10 in the evening. The envelope from the maintenance company was addressed to me, but the letter inside was "to the tenants" but I bet it was the oversensitive French woman upstairs who once complained about me smoking in my flat ("it's so much smoke in my flat I have to sleep in the bathroom"!!!). Anyway, I admit to having run the washing machine at 11 one evening about 3 weeks ago. On average I think I might have done this horrible deed about once a year for 7 years. The tumbler I do not use at all. Bet she'll be really happy to hear that the new tenant seems to be a quiet person who's a non-smoker! PS. I'm fairly sure this is the same person who hasn't learned to shut off the sound of her computer, so that when her daughter chats you can hear every beep...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he, he, last week I put the washing machine on at 9.45pm and U got all upset that I was already disturbing our new neighbours - I had to remind him we're not in Switzerland anymore.

Witchbitch said...

Ze Swiss can be a bit anal, I agree, but in this case I think it's the French neurotic woman upstairs.