Saturday, December 05, 2009

Gospel

Spent Friday evening in a for me very unusual place with 300 people who believe in this lord and hallelujah business, listening to an American gospel group. I must admit that the music itself is catchy and humming-along-friendly, even though I could have lived without that blessing song when (Swiss!) people stood up, waving their hands and seemed to be in trance. Cunningly I dragged a friend along who didn't realize it was gonna last more than 2 hours, and so had somebody to exchange sarcastic comments with. Like when I was sneezing and she said "bless you". Which I countered with "next time you're in bed with your boyfriend you're not gonna shout his name, you're gonna scream jesus!" It seemed funny at the time. Anyway, the evening was a one-off and the music was great, so no regrets.

No comments: