Thursday, February 04, 2010

Bar opening

I am the lucky friend of the new kings of Zürich nightlife. Their latest conquest is a bar called Löwen (Lion) which they have transformed from being one of those places having a clientele drinking beer 9 o'clock in the morning into a modern place with (hopefully) a more decent customer base. I was invited to the VIP opening tonight!
They had a jukebox. Well, jukebox and jukebox. Nowadays it means a internet-connected device, still coin-operated but one that can choose from about 4 million songs. And like my friend said: "they have 4 million songs to make a selection from, and they chose THIS?"
To top it off there was a dartboard that is electronic. Gone are the days when the fun is to argue whether the arrow hit bullseye or not. These days it's scientific.
But the party was great, and I wish my friends success with this entrepreneurial business. I will for sure be a regular!

No comments: