Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fasnacht in Zürich

Fasnacht is another one of these festivities that occur every so often in Zürich. Even though I lived here for more than 7 years I cannot keep track. So today when taking a long walk into town was when I realized there was another party. Unfortunately we had to leave early since I was there with the neighbour with the baby. I blame the baby, really. Anyway, nothing was prohibiting me from going back there in the evening to listen to some fab guggenmusik. I mean, really you have to see it to believe it. These bands usually have 15-20 members, and each band dress with a theme, like the band with the bird costume that blocked the pathway to my boat, being pissed at 1.30 in the afternoon. But most of the bands are playing, parading, having fun. And some of them are pretty good like Ladykillers who I heard tonight. I know, it might be tacky but I don't care, I love it!

No comments: