Wednesday, June 22, 2011

RSVP

When I receive an invite in writing to something I respond. Whether it's on sms, email or any other way in writing. A written invite requires a written response. Or so I've learned.

I only know one time when I didn't, and that was an invitation to a wedding where I didn't like the groom and kinda made myself forget.

These days it's different. People tell me thru Skype, or in person that they are coming to my party. Which is good but not entirely correct. At least I don't think so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that people will come, but what is so difficult with answering in writing? It's one sentence, and pressing the send button. And even if the answer is no, they cannot make it it's fine. At least I know.

Am I oversensitive? Perhaps.

Another related thing. I sent a text to a friend saying "let's have a drink tonight". She responds saying "sorry, cannot do this evening". Which is fine, since not everybody is that flexible. But I would have expected to be given an alternative date. And when not it feels like that person doesn't want to meet me.

It's funny, with all the communication tools we have these days, people still haven't learn how to communicate. Oxymoron.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not sure about oversensitive, maybe just old fashioned , he he

Witchbitch said...

Hey, that's how I was raised. Sure you wanna go down that road :)?