Monday, May 21, 2012

Epicondylitis

So finally after 3-4 months of constant pain I went to see the doc re my arm. He told me that I had googled right. It is epicondylitis as I thought, so now I have a cortisone shot in my elbow and all will be right. Fingers crossed.

First thing I asked when meeting the doc (new one, since my old one resigned) was if he speaks English. Positive response, but he preferred to speak German as ze German he is. Complimented me on my German, and I fall for it every time, so the whole consultation was in German.

Told me he moved here a year ago, not 'cause of the money (hahahahaha) but of the way the health system works. Have to say I agree. I called there on Friday afternoon and got an appointment today ("would you like morning or afternoon?"). He may have meant something else though.

Anyway, the shot is done, and it can only get better from now on.

No comments: