Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Darn hooligans

Beautiful weather in Zürich, 20+° and sunshine, so a good day to close down the boat for the season. Yes, I could've gone out on the lake, but after half a year being out there a lot, I felt it was enough.

But when I got down to the bridge some friggin vandal had opened the front lock so that my poor boat was a couple of meters away from the bridge. I couldn't reach it.

First I thought the lock was broken, but no, it was still there, hanging down from the bridge in the water.

Think, think, think. Of course nobody else was in their boat, but on the other side of the river is a gas station and boat rental place. Went there, and a bunch of very nice guys lent me a boat hook.

So, now all is well but I shall be watching. It was only my boat unhooked, so either I was unfortunate or somebody has it in for me. If I'm lucky I have to call the lake police!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How strange that someone would do that. Lucky it was only a few metres away. Maybe one of the other boats owners did it, thinking yours was in their way?

Witchbitch said...

I'm sure it wasn't any other boat owner, besides, boat more in the way if away from bridge.