Sunday, November 03, 2013

Langlaufen

I know, using the translation tools available this has something to do with skis, but I mean long walking, like in hiking. That I did today with my friend including a dog. Anything over an hour is "langlaufen" for me. All this fresh air, and moving at the same time. I mean, overdoing it could kill you.

And here in Switzerland, it doesn't matter where you walk, it's either uphill or downhill. Sometimes I really miss Holland. But up there, halfway in the sky, is a beautiful view. Zürich, my city I was thinking.

Also, there were some beasts on the way. This "doggie" was a mix between a bear and a lion, and fortunately behind bars.

After a conversation that went from anything to everything we went into the subject of Ballenberg. "Do you know what I remember most from that day?" he asked. "No", I said, thinking it was probably my delicious picnic basket, or maybe the straw roofs of the Berner houses, or even all the animals we were seeing, or perhaps just spending time with me and my wits?

"The weather", he said. "The way the weather went from mist and cold into sunshine and 25°C just before we arrived". The weather! Hmm. I guess I have to up my personality, and become more interesting.

So I countered with my best memory of the day. The pig that was having the longest pee in history in a pool of water, and then lustily bathed in the same pool.

Yeah ok, I have to work on it, I agree.

No comments: