Monday, August 13, 2007

Migros

The slowest man in Switzerland. Met him today. He works in Migros. You know at the check-out counter there are 99,99% women. He is the 0,01%. And now I know why. I have never waited so long in the queue as today. Ok, anybody can be new to their job, but jeez. How slow can you go. Veeeeerrrrrryyyyy is the answer. So now I know why there are always women at the check-outs. They are fast. Has anybody ever thought of making a woman the manager? There's a novel idea for the Swiss...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Migros'
I recently made the mistake of going to the checkout with the trainee. instead of placing all the potatoes on the scale at once she felt she had to weigh and price each potato individually, and the same stories for all the other fruit and vegetables. oh so tedious.
(where I come from even the supermarkets believe in customer service so your vegetables are weighed for you and your bags are also packed for you.)

Witchbitch said...

I remember that, and they give you like 15 tiny plastic bags with 3 things in each. I prefer to pack myself thanks.

Anonymous said...

'Migros'
things have changed in the, what 30? years since you were here. and besides you can bring your own cloth or whatever bags you want with you and they will pack those ones too.

Witchbitch said...

Nope, think it was 2003 last time I visited. But I'll remember to bring a bag next time :)