Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Who in their right mind likes to travel?

When people are asked what they would do if they had money an alarmingly high percentage answers travel. Why, oh why I ask. First you have to be there like 1,5 hours before. Even if you have checked in online 24 hours beforehand. Queueing to drop the bags. It's exactly like in the old days when you were queueing to check-in. Then you queue for passport control. After that you queue once again for security check (had to take off my "airbag" because "you can have anything in there" - I wished at this point that I at least had a joint in there!). Then queue for boarding, only to be seated in a chair that is half the size of a normal one. But luckily you are served a meal, that not even a dog would eat if hungry. If you, just like us, are having a stop-over all of this is repeated. Somebody tell me why anybody wants to endure this! PS. It was so much better before 9.11 when I had a gold card and was swishing thru the airport in a whiff, not to talk about the good old days when you could smoke in the back of the plane!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

luckily the defitnion of travel is not flying.
Last time I flew I checked in online at home and had my boarding card all printed ready, I didnt have any luggage to check in so thought I was all set - no. Still had to queue with all the people in the bag drop queue - despite having no bag to drop, to apparently have something checked, but still have no idea what.

Witchbitch said...

My point exactly. Do they even know what they are looking for?