Monday, July 30, 2012

Excursion

Today I was visiting the animal shelter behind Zürich zoo. Had an old cat tree, that I no longer had use for. My little spoiled ones have two bigger trees, and have grown out of the small one.

Took the opportunity to have a look at the cats currently at the shelter. There was a grey cute one that put its paw against the window door, and miaowed to me. Several times. I so wanted to whisk him or her out of there and take home! Poor little thing!

Anyway, after dragging that tree on two different trams I thought it was time for a break. So stopped by an outdoor cafe/restaurant, where I have never been before.

Had a large panino with ham, mozzarella and tomato plus a beer. Was very surprised when I got the bill and it was only 17 francs! Note to self: must do this more often. Panino was so big I "accidentally" slipped half of it into my bag. Oops!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to chuckle at your cooment of "ungrateful little bastards" in Zuricats.....they are growing up and just asserting their rights on what food they like/dislike! :-) :-) Steph

Witchbitch said...

Indeed. I try to avoid buying the most expensive food, and interest them in something else, and get no thanks whatsoever!

Considering only serving cooked salmon, and see what happens then?

And see who will cave in first. Have a suspicion it'll be me ;).

Anonymous said...

oh my, I must be so out of touch with Zuri prices, 17 bucks for a beer and a sandwich seems a long way from a bargain to me

Witchbitch said...

Well, you can make your own sandwich at home for less.