Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Stones

Lately I did guacamole a few times, but the problem is the preparation. Or rather the timing of it. If you do it the day before you risk it going brown and looking very unappetizing, but since it's a bit messy to make, it's nice to have it prepared beforehand.

Now I have learned how to do. Haven't checked it out yet, but learned from a food program that by putting one of the avocado stones into the guacamole, it'll keep it green and fresh. Worth trying.

And I tried to plant two stones in soil, in order to grow them into plants. Haven't succeeded so far, but I blame it on the bad summer. Funny that, all my green plants inhouse grow like hell, and are very happy. I think it's the smoke.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesn't work for me - at least not enough to allow you to make it a whole day before

Anonymous said...

The stones on the guacamole is a myth... but it works very well if you on top of all put a plastic wrap (foil) touching the surface of the guacamole. That prevents the oxydation of the avocado and it won't turn brown. The seed works only for a limited part of the surface.

Anonymous said...

PS you can prepare the guacamole some hours in advance, but hardly a day in advance. The max I let it standing until party time is 12 hours, in the fridge with the plastic foil on top.

Witchbitch said...

Ok, thanks for the info.