Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wrinkly

And old friend, actually he's both older than me and has been a friend for a very long time, told me today he had tried an anti-wrinkle creme that he got as a present. He's not very vain, but I guess like me, do not like to see things go to waste.

So over ten weeks he dutifully applied the creme under his eyes, anxiously awaiting result. I guess you know what happened. Absolutely nothing. Probably would've had a better result with a rubber band.

But it got me thinking. I look at myself in the mirror every morning, of course I do, but I seldom really see. I don't scrutinize myself. I've never had an interest in cosmetics, and very little interest in how I look. I call it natural beauty, but it's probably just laziness and disinterest combined.

Today I did, and I found that I have practically no wrinkles on my forehead. To worry is just not my thing. But what I do have are two "irritation"-wrinkles on the root of my nose, between my eyebrows. That does make sense, since I used to get irritated a lot. Less so today, but I still have a temper.

Of course, it could just be the genes speaking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are indeed quite wrinkle free. maybe all that time living in places with no sun and general avoidance of physical labour and the great outdoors ;)

Witchbitch said...

You see! It pays off to be lazy :).