Monday, May 06, 2013

Switzerland is a rich country

I have ordered my new sofa! Am very excited, and as it turns out the "rec"-thingie can be placed on either the right or the left side, and be changed later. So even though I've decided to go left this time, I can change my mind later.

I also decided to not eat at Ikea again. There is something about these meatballs and mashed potatoes in their restaurant that doesn't agree with my stomach. I am glad I live alone, and so should everybody else be if you get my drift.

But it left me with the little problem of getting rid of one sofa and one chair. No place for them once I get my new sofa, and they are if not in mint, so pretty good condition so I thought people would be fighting for them.

First it turns out that nobody in the immediate vicinity has any use for them, nor do they know anybody who does.

The charity organization Pfarrer Sieber answers "Herzlichen Dank für Ihr Angebot. Leider können wir zur Zeit keine weiteren Sachspenden mehr entgegen nehmen, sind wir doch in den letzten Monaten reich beschenkt worden." Interesting. Even the charity org's here has enough of furniture. I am so changing my will.

Somehow I find it a little bit sad that Switzerland is such a wealthy country, that nobody needs anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you try the Heils Armee?
http://de.brocki.ch/abholdienst/

Witchbitch said...

Not to worry. I sold both items :), so instead of trying to be generous I'm earning money.