Saturday, December 13, 2014

Food and death

Together with a friend I went for an outing today, picking up some great delicacies from my home country. Yes, I'm gonna indulge over Christmas, even if it means I won't reach my second goal weightwise. Nowadays I'm much more relaxed with goals, whatever it is. If I don't reach it within the next day, week or month, I'll reach it later. It's good for the stress level. I have none.

We also went to visit the grave of my friend who died much too young some months ago. We lit a candle that we bought in a machine (how clever is not that? to have a grave-candle machine in a cemetary...good business). It is heartbreaking, but at the same time we can now laugh and talk about her and have good feelings. She was a warm person with a big heart, who went far too early.

We also talked about how different it is with how we want to be buried one day. Some people want a coffin, some want to be cremated (and here the options are varied...one is to be buried in a specific place, and one is to be put inside a plate on a wall...haven't seen that before). There was also a place for where children was buried, which even I, who don't much appreciate them, find very sad.

Personally my ashes will be spread in the Zürichsee, I have seen to that. And yes, it's legal. So think about that friends, when I'm gone, you will be swimming with me all around you :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, the Swiss and their vending machines, you can find everything!

B

Witchbitch said...

Very convenient. It even came with a matchbox!