Tuesday, June 09, 2009

4th best

It does surprise me to see that Zurich airport is voted the 4th best in the world, and the absolute best in Europe. In the time I was travelling I always thought Copenhagen was the best airport. It had great shops, reasonable distances to the gates and it was cozy. It might have helped that I in those days had a Eurobonus goldcard and had access to the fancy lounge, the one upstairs with better wine and better food than in the normal business lounge. And it was my "home airport" for 3 years. Also Schiphol in Amsterdam qualifies for spot number 8, although I liked it better before they expanded. Nevertheless, 4th best in the world is not to be spat at. I really hope that Heathrow, Frankfurt and Charles de Gaulle weren't even mentioned in top 50 list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was surprised Singapore's Changi ranked so highly, but I spose I only dont like it 'cos I have to go through it pretty mch eervrytime i travel so I'm bored of it. Agree abotu hong Kong though thats a great airport.

Witchbitch said...

I dunno, haven't been to any of them.