Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Anonymity

One thing I was thinking about was anonymity. For seven years I have lived in a rental flat here in Zürich perfectly anonymous, coming and going at my liking, nobody caring. How will I cope with living in a house with four flats? And with two families in the house next-door attached to our building? Just struck me this evening. I have lived in a bigger city than Zürich in a flat-building that held 28 apartments. We shared a washing-machine room and a sauna downstairs in the building and a garden where we used to meet on Saturdays ending in a big party for most of the tenants. It was fabulous. But in the new flat I will no longer be anonymous. There are good things and bad things attached to this issue. But I guess I made my bed, now I better lie in it...

No comments: