Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Swimming across Zürichsee?

Was chatting on msn to ex-flatmate who said he'll be swimming across Zürichsee tomorrow. My question is why? Why would anybody want to do that? You have to navigate around gazillions of inexperienced captains (much like myself), large ferries, paddle boats, sailers who don't know where they're going, and stupid young guys who have rented a speed-boat for the day. Well, good luck to him. And since I will be in town tomorrow with the gang of walkers (yes, we're still doing that pedometer thing and I'm up to 14K+ steps today) we shall be watching. From the bar next to the river. Btw, I read in my bible of Swiss news today (20 minuten - free paper) that the Seepolizei (lake police) had a raid last Sunday, catching 24 pleasure boat captains not having enough swimsuits, rescue equipment or whatsit that is necessary according to ze rules here. I am so happy I was hungover enough not to take the boat out then...

No comments: