Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Carpets

I am unfortunate enough to have carpets in my bedrooms, so in order to help the new tenant out I reckoned I'd talk to the owner about exchanging them for laminate floors when I leave. This morning the owner and the maintenance guy came to inspect the flat. When I asked in my best German "Was wollen Sie sehen?" (What would you like to see?) the sweet landlord responded "Wir wollen Sie sehen" (We would like to see you) when all I meant was to ask what they wanted to inspect. Was he making fun of my German, or was he being nice? I choose to think the latter. Turned out I had taken too good care of the carpets, and they were in such good shape that it wasn't in their opinion financially viable to exchange them for a floor. Tuff luck new tenant, but I tried! And now I have to waste 100 francs on cleaning them...

No comments: