Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wir suchen das Baby

I know, this is not me but let me explain. When neighbours recently had a baby they had a caesarean. Today I was speaking to a guy who's wife is about to give birth in a month or so. Their baby is not complying and is placed feet first, which is why they may have to have a cut in the belly to get it out. I, the expert, told them about the neighbours experience which I heard all about. So told him, first you have the "curtain" separating you from the actual happening (here he looked kinda relieved), then they give local anesthetics and cut her open (at this he looked a bit nauseous), then they say "wir suchen das Baby" (we are searching for the baby), which I can understand is a bit troublesome. I am not a doctor, but even I could see very clearly where the baby was located. In the middle of the belly, like. Here the father kinda tuned out :) But since they have two kids already, I'm sure they gonna be alright. And I don't get it. How can you be squeamish if you already have kids? Oxymoron?

No comments: