Sunday, November 06, 2011

39.000%

Phoned my 99-year-old friend today. It's the perfect thing to do for somebody who has reached my age, in order to get some perspective.

He had his second stroke, and since then he's in a home. Told me his flat, where he lived for a whopping 67 (!) years, is now for sale. He told me the price they set, and when checking on the site, turns out he was right on spot. Even though he speaks slowly and with difficulty, he's still crystal clear in his head. Amazing!

The value of his flat has gone up 39.000% in the years he had it. I guess the conclusion is that property is a good investment. Now I just have to stay in my flat another 65 years and I'll be really rich!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like much of an increase over that time period to me - or am I misunderstanding your decimal point?

Witchbitch said...

It's not a decimal. I use commas for decimals. It's 39000%.

Anonymous said...

yeah, I'd forgotten that continental Europeans do it that way - sorry.