Saturday, February 11, 2012

My first home

When I was born my parents lived in a 2 room flat, and for me that was the world. We lived there until I was 7 years old, and I still remember the exact lay-out. It was a long hallway, then the bedroom to the right, a walk-in-closet (wow, must have been one of the first of its kind) to the left, the kitchen straight ahead and the living room to the right after the bedroom. A small balcony.

The washing room was outside the building. Two humungous machines where we cooked sheets (90°) and washed normal clothes. You had to book the time, and washing usually took a whole day.

The supermarket was up the hill. In those days it seemed like it was a long walk, I think it might have taken a good 5 minutes to get there.

I think that the next time I visit my home town I will ring the door and ask to see the place again. I bet it'll feel a whole lot smaller than it did back then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am liking these posts about your past life! Now ..if there were only a few pics of "past" Annika! hmmm?

xo

John

Witchbitch said...

Haha, you'd like that I'm sure. Come visit, and we'll go through old photo albums...