Sunday, May 18, 2014

5 star asphalt lady

I have a friend who refers to me as the "5 star asphalt lady". I don't get where he gets the lady epithet from, but I do get the others.

Yes, I have been known to say that to get me into staying in a hotel it must be a five star at least, and I do like asphalt. The lady-thing I dunno where he found. But we've only known each other less than a year, so maybe that's why.

And yes, I used to love to travel and didn't mind (much) to stay in shitty hotels and cheap accommodation but with the years I've gotten more picky. Now I cannot think of a hotel which can provide more comfort than my own bed, my own things, my cats and my belongings.

Plus I love living in a city. Asphalt, people, things happening, yes even the ambulance sirens and the vicinity to shops, pharmacies, trams or whatever you need, I like.

And if that renders me the epithet "5 star asphalt lady" I take that as a compliment. Apart from the lady bit :).

No comments: