Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Nietzsche

After the ordeal of trying to find a new ironing board cover (not successful) and btw called bugelbrettbezug in German (what kinda of a fu..ing word is that?) I decided to stay in town. And of course I went to my usual place. Met this guy. Swiss (no surprise there). From Luzern. One thing that is irritating is when Swiss people can speak English. But never good enough. You try to be sarcastic or make a joke...it doesn't work. Anyway this one tried to be profound. He told me this: God is dead. Signed Nietzsche. At which time I said that if Nietzsche said that he must have thought that god was alive at one point. Oh dear. Far too deep for this guy. Because the follow-up was that Nietzsche is dead. Signed god. To be honest I'm not entirely sure of the joke here. Anybody?

No comments: