Thursday, April 17, 2008

You get what you pay for

When I decided to buy the apartment there were budgets included for the kitchen, the bathrooms etc. The real estate agent told me that the money set aside was generous. HAHAHA! I really should have known better. Got the proposal back from the bathroom person today. 18 pages of itemized suggestions. Spent half an hour with CG (how very practical to have a German-speaking inhouse resource!) to translate everything from "Spültisch-Garnitur" to "Rückschlagventil". Whatever happened to just have like "Wash-basin guest bathroom" and an amount next to it. I don't really need to know exactly what the pipe costs. Well, ze Swiss like their details and who am I to complain? I chose to live here, and I'm gonna end up having a fab kitchen and at least one fantastic bathroom!

No comments: